Monday, January 16, 2017

My Last Love Story by Falguni Kothari

"My last love story" by Falguni Kothari was giving me angry looks ever since it was placed at bottom of the book stack. My wife won it few months back but she was not able to read it due to some work. As per my this year resolution, I took the responsibility to review all unfinished review read that we won last year, no matter how good or bad a book will be. Fortunately book was above mediocre though it took too much time for me to finish.


Book bulb of the book
I, Simeen Desai, am tired of making lemonade with the lemons life has handed me. 
Love is meant to heal wounds. Love was meant to make my world sparkle and spin. Love has ripped my life apart and shattered my soul. 
I love my husband, and he loves me. But Nirvaan is dying. I love my husband. I want to make him happy. But he is asking for the impossible. 
I don’t want a baby. I don’t want to make nice with Zayaan. I don’t want another chance at another love story. 
Weepers, keep tissues handy.
In just few lines I can sum up story, Simeen was in emotional triangle between her husband Nirvaan and her first love Zayaan (who is still her and her husband best friend). Her husband was dying and he has prepared long list of wishlist before his death. Story was keep going between various phases of their life, majorly through their current time when Nirvaan is having cancer and Zayaan is living with Simeen and Nirvaan as per Nirvaan's wish.

Frankly speaking book is divided into two parts based on pace. The first part is Simeen's past which should be 50-70% of total story but it was contributing not more than 20% of the content. This part of story is very fast paced and interesting. Second part was during Nirvaan's ongoing cancer treatment which should be 40-60% of the story but content-wise it took 80% share. And I really have to give efforts to finish this really-really-slow pace part. Book is full of emotions through which a wife of cancer patient may go through, and I praise Falguni for her efforts. My mediocre rating may be because I am not the targeted audience.

Talking about ratings.
  1. Cover - 2.5 / 5
  2. Language - 3.5 / 5 (Found it only for adults at some places)
  3. Story Line - 3.5 / 5 (Because of pace)
  4. Characters - 3 / 5 (Awesome threesome confusion is the reason for the rating)
  5. Concept - 3.5 / 5 
  6. Overall - 3.5 / 5
Book can be found at - Amazon
Review from other readers can be found at GoodReads 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive