Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Meet Pankaj Upadhyay Author of Homecoming

Today we would like to welcome Pankaj Upadhyay the author of Homecoming. We will have a quick round of Q&A with Pankaj to know more about his latest book.


Can you tell us about your educational background?
M. A. In English Literature And Pg Diploma In Journalism 
What were you like at school/college apart from studies?
I was always a fun-loving guy. I loved singing, writing poetry and stories, participating in various debates etc. I was heavily into 90s Bollywood music.  
What are some day jobs you have held?
Teaching and Journalism.
Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors? Which author inspire you the most?
I read anything that interests me. Any story which gets me curious or brings a smile on my face becomes a must read. RK Narayan has been the one author who has inspired me for his simplicity in writing.
When did you start writing?
Since I was in the fifth standard. 
When did you decide to become a writer?
After covering Muzaffarnagar Riots.
What are your ambitions for your writing career?
I will write a few more stories that will have the insider’s view on Journalism and the reporting world followed by a collection of short stories and then I will embark on my most ambitious project which is a mythological drama. 
Do you have a special time to write, or how is your day structured to accommodate your writing?
Whenever inspiration strikes
Is this your debut work?
This is my first novel though as a journalist I have been writing all my stories for over the last decade.
What genre are your books?
It is a fiction drama.
Can you describe your current book in few lines? What’s it about?
It’s a story about three childhood friends from Nainital who dream of making it big in their lives. As they grow up and enter college they lie to their parents and leave for the city of dreams. In Mumbai there comes a point when they manage to save their lives from the jaws of death and then begins the journey of self-discovery.
Give us an insight into your main character(s)
PRASHANT: Principled, committed and a mature guy for whom loyalty is an attitude to live by. 

RAHUL: A fun loving and adventure seeking guy. He’s a ladie’s man
GAURAV: A born leader who breaks the norms and charts his own path.
Where did you get idea for this book?
Drew inspiration from my own life experiences. Only I know what is fact and what is fiction in the book:)
How much research did you do for this book?
The material was close to my heart. I just refreshed my memory. 
Who is your favorite character in your book and why? (If applicable)
Ghantiwala – the jalebi maker is my favourite character. He is the one who has the biggest influence in the life of the three friends. Hardened through experience he gives life lessons to the three kids. 
Release date. 
The book was released in July 2017
What are you working on at the minute?
Editing my new fiction.
What are your thoughts on writing a book series?
Never thought of.
How was your experience with Publishing house (Lead Start)?
This is my first association with Leadstart. I hope that we will have a mutually benefiting relationship for the future endeavours.
What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Keep writing.
Links for your book readers
We would like to thank Leadstart Publishers (Frog Books) for providing this opportunity to connect the author. Readers can check their wonderful collection of books by going through this link - Leadstart Books

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive