Sunday, January 28, 2018

Mrs Funnybones: She's just like You and a lot like Me By Twinkle Khanna

I have read this book in one sitting and let me just tell you that I loved it beyond apprehension.

Once, I randomly saw an episode of "A Coffee with Karan" where Akshay Kumar and the author of this book Twinkle Khanna were invited as guests. I am not a Bollywood person so I didn't know her at that time. But I loved her fierce and nonchalant humor. At the end of that episode, she mentioned Mrs. Funnybones and I wanted to read this book since then. I have read this book finally and it has not disappointed me.


Book Blurb
Full of wit and delicious observations, Mrs Funnybones captures the life of the modern Indian woman a woman who organizes dinner each evening after having been at work all day, who runs her own life but has to listen to her mummyji, who worries about her weight and the state of the country. Based on Twinkle Khanna’s super-hit column, Mrs Funnybones marks the debut of one of our funniest, most original voices.

When I was purchasing the book I read the tagline on it "She's just like you and a lot like me" and my thoughts were how can she be a lot like me?  she is middle-aged, celebrity, married and mother of two, but after reading this book I really can relate to her.

This book is about her really clever and peculiar view of life. In this book, her husband is referred as the man of the house, her son as the prodigal son, her little daughter as the baby, which I find amusing and different. This book also has her opinion about feminism, patriarchy, our culture and many other things with a great humor. Her opinions about this things are really similar to mine so I can relate to this book.

All and all if you're looking for a book with good humor, and a book that can make you laugh till you cry then I recommend Mrs. Funnybones.

Ratings
  1. Cover : - 4.5/5
  2. Content : - 5/5
  3. Character : - 4.5/5
  4. Concept : - 5/5
  5. Overall : - 5/5
Book can be found at Amazon & Flipkart
Review from other readers can be found at GoodReads

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive