Sunday, February 18, 2018

Draupadi by Kajal Oza Vaidya

I wanted to read "Draupadi" by Kajal Oza-Vaidya ever since I heard praise of it from Vimmy. I could have borrowed it but I wanted to have a copy of the same. And finally I got my copy and I read it in 4-5 sittings. I must say it's an implacable read.



Book Blurb
આ પુસ્ર્તકમાં દ્રૌપદી વિશે કહેવામાં આવ્યું છે કે વિશ્વની કોઈ પણ સફળ, સુંદર અને બુદ્ધિશાળી સ્ત્રીએ પોતાના વ્યક્તિત્વને અકબંધ રાખવા સંધર્ષ કરવો જ પડે છે. પ્રશ્ન પૂછવાનો અધિકાર એ કાળમાં પણ સ્ત્રી પાસે નહોતો અને આજે પણ પ્રશ્નનો પ્રતિઉત્તર મેળવવા માગતી સ્ત્રીએ સમાજ સાથે સંધર્ષમાં ઊતરવું જ પડે છે. એક સ્ત્રીનાં લોહીમાં વહેતી,એના મનમાં ઊગેલી,એના હ્રદયમાં ધબકતી અને મસ્તિષ્કમાં રહીને સતત એના અસ્ત્તિત્ત્વને તહસનહસ કરતી એક સર્વાગ સંપૂર્ણ, સંવેદનશીલ નારીની આ કથા છે.
Dhrupadi by Kajal Oza Vaidh is a Gujarati novel based on Mahabharat 's character Dhrupadi. This book is written in Draupadi's perspective of Mahabharat. What must have gone through her mind at that time and what was her opinion on Mahabharat's battle.

The book is written wonderfully. Though the book is written on an ancient character, still a modern day woman could also relate to it. Draupadi's friendship with Shree Krishna is also written impressively.

All I want to say is that in my opinion, every woman should read this book at least once. It is always an experience to read Kajal Oza's book.

Ratings
  1. Cover : - 4/5
  2. Content : - 4.5/5
  3. Character : - 4.5/5
  4. Concept : - 4/5
  5. Overall : - 4.5/5
Book can be found at Flipkart & Amazon 

Review from other readers can be found at GoodReads

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive